Shiirleyy's Bookshelf has migrated to Dear Shirley ! I will continue to post book reviews but there will also be a lot of personal and travel-related posts :)

Follow Friday

8 Jul 2011



Follow  Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee
This is my first time participating & I hope to meet many other bloggers!


Q: Let's step away from besties...What is the worst book that you've ever read and actually finished?
Well...when I read a really terrible book, I tend to give up. E.g. Numbers by Rachel Ward.
But I guess the worst book that I've ever read and actually finished is probably Emma by Jane Austen. (Okay, I hope there's no super hardcore Austen fans here who're going to bash me!) I had to read Emma for English at school just a few weeks ago, and it totally bored me to death. It took me like 10 weeks to finish reading it, since I was reading 2-3 pages per day, and during that time, I was also reading Vampire Academy! So, you can guess how utterly bored I was when reading Emma as compared to VA! But since I had to present a speech on it, I finished it one week before my speech was due! I think I'm going to stay away from Austen's books for now :)


Soo....what's the worst book that you've ever read?

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a new follower.

    I tried posting before, but the bottom of you comment box disappears.

    ~Christy

    http://loveofbooks409.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. New follower! You might like Jane Austen better when you're older (or you might not). I didn't like Pride and Prejudice when I read it at 15, but I loved it at 23.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower here! Emma is one of the few Jane Austen books I haven't read, and I've heard similar thoughts from others.

    Have a good weekend! :)

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Follower!
    I can totally understand how bored you were. For school I had to read Weathering Heights and it was VERY boring. I think it's hard to read something that's not in my era.
    Vampire Academy will get you hooked! It gets worse when you go deeper into the series!
    Anyway, I just wanted to say hey and that I like your layout. :)

    ~Grace
    http://pagingthroughlifewithgrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section; I appreciate all comments left here!
If you have a blog, I'll be sure to visit it and comment back(I love finding new blogs so feel free to leave a link!)
Thank you & have a nice day